Madonna's American tour starts in Philly
PHILADELPHIA - February 7, 2012 (WPVI) -- Madonna's not finished with stadiums.
Live Nation Entertainment announced Tuesday that the Material Girl will go on tour for the first time since 2009.
On Sunday, she was the Super Bowl halftime performer at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
Her world tour will start May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel. It will include performances in Istanbul, Brussels, Helsinki and Zurich.
The North American portion of the tour will begin in Philadelphia on August 28th at the Wells Fargo Center. Tickets will go on sale February 13th.
The tour will also visit South American and Australia.
Madonna's last tour, 2008-2009's "Sticky & Sweet," grossed more than $400 million.
Her new album, "MDNA," is scheduled for release March 26.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, madonna, wells fargo center, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 28 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 31 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball