Gary Busey files for bankruptcy in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Court records show Gary Busey has filed for bankruptcy and is listing more than $500,000 in estimated personal debts.
Busey's filing on Tuesday in Los Angeles provides few details but includes more than a dozen potential creditors.
The actor and reality show star does not state a reason for the filing. His manager Ron Sampson wrote in a statement the filing provides Busey "a new and clear path" to personal and career success.
The filing states the 67-year-old has less than $50,000 in assets.
Busey has starred in numerous films including "Point Break" and "Lethal Weapon" but has in recent years appeared more on reality shows such as "Celebrity Apprentice."
The filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 52 min ago
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco 2nd grade teacher charged with assault 15 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with meningitis infection 51 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment 2 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from East Harlem explosion
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars 40 min ago
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office 48 min ago
- Homes evacuated in Tacony for gas leak 47 min ago
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush hour chase
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane 38 min ago
- Man in boxers attacks police station, cars
40 min ago
- Montco 3rd grader hospitalized with...
51 min ago