Gary Busey files for bankruptcy in Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Court records show Gary Busey has filed for bankruptcy and is listing more than $500,000 in estimated personal debts.
Busey's filing on Tuesday in Los Angeles provides few details but includes more than a dozen potential creditors.
The actor and reality show star does not state a reason for the filing. His manager Ron Sampson wrote in a statement the filing provides Busey "a new and clear path" to personal and career success.
The filing states the 67-year-old has less than $50,000 in assets.
Busey has starred in numerous films including "Point Break" and "Lethal Weapon" but has in recent years appeared more on reality shows such as "Celebrity Apprentice."
The filing was first reported Wednesday by celebrity website TMZ.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet 41 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane 47 min ago
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 25 min ago
- Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
47 min ago