Dr. House hangs up his Fox TV stethoscope
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fox's medical drama "House" is ending its eight-year run this season.
The show's producers, including Emmy-nominated star Hugh Laurie, said it was a "painful" decision but that the time had come to bring "House" to a close.
The drama stars Laurie as Dr. Gregory House, a brilliant but troubled physician with a gift for unraveling medical mysteries. Omar Epps, Robert Sean Leonard and Charlyne Yi are part of the ensemble cast.
In a statement Wednesday, Laurie and his fellow producers said they imagined Dr. House as an "enigmatic creature," and that it was best for him to vanish while there was still mystery in the air.
The season finale date for "House," which airs 9 p.m. EST Monday, was not announced.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 50 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 42 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 25 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook 26 min ago
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
53 min ago
- Eva Pilgrim on highway storm preparations
15 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million
25 min ago
- Army, Navy teams compete in Rocky Relay
8 min ago