Schwarzenegger joins Stallone in 'The Tomb'
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's an action superstar reunion: Arnold Schwarzenegger is joining Sylvester Stallone for the thriller "The Tomb."
The filmmakers announced Wednesday that Schwarzenegger signed on to star alongside Stallone in the prison-break adventure.
Schwarzenegger previously had a cameo in Stallone's action hit "The Expendables" and also appears in its upcoming sequel.
"The Tomb" will feature Schwarzenegger as an inmate opposite Stallone, who plays the designer of a master prison forced to escape from his own jailhouse. Directed by Mikael Hafstrom, "The Tomb" begins shooting in Louisiana this spring.
Schwarzenegger is just finishing work on "The Last Stand," his first starring role since returning to acting after serving as California's governor.
arnold schwarzenegger, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!