Jersey City clears 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's second largest city is rolling out the welcome mat for the women of the "Jersey Shore."
Jersey City has issued producers a permit to film a spinoff of the reality series featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley. Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.
Nearby Hoboken last week denied the permit, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.
City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill (MOR'-ihl) says the cast and crew must obey all laws and the production company will be required to hire police to reduce any impact on the public.
jersey shore, snooki, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 59 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today 42 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 28 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc