Jersey City clears 'Jersey Shore' spinoff
JERSEY CITY, N.J. (AP) -February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Jersey's second largest city is rolling out the welcome mat for the women of the "Jersey Shore."
Jersey City has issued producers a permit to film a spinoff of the reality series featuring Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi and Jenni "JWoww" Farley. Filming is expected to begin later this month in the city's Grove Street Path neighborhood.
Nearby Hoboken last week denied the permit, citing safety and quality of life concerns for residents of the city along the Hudson River.
Jersey City Mayor Jerramiah Healy says he believes the show is an opportunity to promote the city.
City spokeswoman Jennifer Morrill (MOR'-ihl) says the cast and crew must obey all laws and the production company will be required to hire police to reduce any impact on the public.
jersey shore, snooki, new jersey, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 7 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 33 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 54 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co.
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
10 min ago