Rap mogul arrested on Vegas traffic, drug charges
LAS VEGAS (AP) - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Las Vegas say rap music mogul Suge Knight was arrested a traffic warrant and a misdemeanor drug charge.
Officer Laura Meltzer says the 46-year-old former Death Row Records executive was stopped driving a black Bentley with California plates about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday on a street just off Flamingo Road west of the Las Vegas Strip.
Meltzer says Knight was charged with making an unsafe lane change and possession of less than one ounce of a controlled substance and was released from jail without bail. Knight's court date wasn't immediately available.
Attorney David Chesnoff has represented Knight in previous Las Vegas cases. He's traveling and wasn't immediately available for comment.
Celebrity website TMZ first reported the arrest. It says Knight had marijuana with him when he was stopped.
drugs, las vegas, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ