LA police search for escapee who stalked Madonna
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in locating a man who was convicted of threatening to kill Madonna and walked away from a Los Angeles-area mental hospital last week.
Los Angeles police say Robert Dewey Hoskins left the state hospital Friday. He had been committed there last year.
Hoskins, 54, is "highly psychotic" and can be extremely violent and should not be approached by members of the public, police said in a news release Thursday. They urged anyone who sees him to call authorities immediately.
Hoskins served a 10-year prison sentence for stalking and threatening Madonna after being convicted by a jury in 1996. The singer reluctantly testified against the man, who was shot by her personal security after he jumped the fence of her Hollywood Hills home.
Court records show he was convicted of vandalism in July 2011.
Police say they have searched areas where Hoskins may try to go, including the city of Long Beach south of Los Angeles, but they have been unable to find him.
madonna, los angeles, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida 30 min ago
- AccuWeather: Damp and cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Water main break forces evacuation of Fishtown bar
- Bicyclist struck in Kensington DUI crash
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges
- Probe into Conn. train crash giving way to cleanup
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- American Cancer Society celebrates 100 years
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
30 min ago