LA police search for escapee who stalked Madonna
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are asking for the public's help in locating a man who was convicted of threatening to kill Madonna and walked away from a Los Angeles-area mental hospital last week.
Los Angeles police say Robert Dewey Hoskins left the state hospital Friday. He had been committed there last year.
Hoskins, 54, is "highly psychotic" and can be extremely violent and should not be approached by members of the public, police said in a news release Thursday. They urged anyone who sees him to call authorities immediately.
Hoskins served a 10-year prison sentence for stalking and threatening Madonna after being convicted by a jury in 1996. The singer reluctantly testified against the man, who was shot by her personal security after he jumped the fence of her Hollywood Hills home.
Court records show he was convicted of vandalism in July 2011.
Police say they have searched areas where Hoskins may try to go, including the city of Long Beach south of Los Angeles, but they have been unable to find him.
madonna, los angeles, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 47 min ago
- Record Warmth! 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 33 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
8 min ago