First lady teams up with chefs for tasty lunches
DALLAS (AP) - February 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- First lady teams up with chefs for tasty lunches
Michelle Obama is spicing up school lunches with cooks from Bravo's "Top Chef" and the Dallas Cowboys football team.
The first lady and "Top Chef" judge Tom Colicchio acted as judges Friday. Dallas school kids and Cowboys players divided into three teams to see who could whip up the tastiest lunch in 30 minutes.
Mrs. Obama is in Dallas on a three-day national tour to promote her "Let's Move" campaign against childhood obesity. The campaign challenges schools to meet higher nutrition standards, and Dallas schools are a leader in that regard.
The school lunch competition was filmed at a Dallas recreation center. It will air on a future episode of "Top Chef."
food, michelle obama, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 37 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
36 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
37 min ago