LA police capture escapee who stalked Madonna
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police captured a man on Friday who was convicted of threatening to kill Madonna and walked away from a Los Angeles-area mental hospital last week.
Robert Dewey Hoskins was apprehended near the Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk, where he escaped last Friday, Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French said.
He had been committed there last year and was returned to the facility after his arrest.
Hoskins, 54, served a 10-year prison sentence for stalking and threatening Madonna after being convicted by a jury in 1996. The singer reluctantly testified against the man, who was shot by her personal security after he jumped the fence of her Hollywood Hills home.
Police asked for the public's help Thursday in locating Haskins. They said he "highly psychotic" and can be extremely violent.
Court records show he was convicted of vandalism in July 2011.
madonna, los angeles, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
29 min ago