LA police capture escapee who stalked Madonna
LOS ANGELES (AP) - February 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police captured a man on Friday who was convicted of threatening to kill Madonna and walked away from a Los Angeles-area mental hospital last week.
Robert Dewey Hoskins was apprehended near the Metropolitan State Hospital in Norwalk, where he escaped last Friday, Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French said.
He had been committed there last year and was returned to the facility after his arrest.
Hoskins, 54, served a 10-year prison sentence for stalking and threatening Madonna after being convicted by a jury in 1996. The singer reluctantly testified against the man, who was shot by her personal security after he jumped the fence of her Hollywood Hills home.
Police asked for the public's help Thursday in locating Haskins. They said he "highly psychotic" and can be extremely violent.
Court records show he was convicted of vandalism in July 2011.
madonna, los angeles, stalking, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Missing boy struck by car 53 min ago
- Temps soar above normal 3 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 22 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 10 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 25 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013 47 min ago
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 19 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
19 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
14 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
22 min ago