Local fans react to Whitney Houston's death
PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Millions of fans of the iconic singer Whitney Houston are remembered her Saturday night, as news of her untimely death spread across the city of Philadelphia and the nation.
On a cold night in Philadelphia, the news of her death was just as chilling as it spread quickly on the TV, radio and online.
"It was definitely a surprise," said Reggie Smith. "She had so much talent."
"I can't believe she's gone," said Clio Mall.
And those who are children of the 80's and 90's say they can't help but think about the greatest hits of the Newark, N.J. native.
It was all the talk in Center City.
"Sadly, I'm not really surprised to hear about it, and it's really unfortunate because she had so much. I with that she had gone the gospel route," said Daniel Lyght.
And on the radio, WDAS-FM played Houston's hits one song after another.
While there is so much speculation about Whitney Houston's death, so many are focused on her good times and that beautiful voice.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, entertainment, kenneth moton
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 29 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe in Va. 1 min ago
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
29 min ago