Local fans react to Whitney Houston's death
PHILADELPHIA - February 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Millions of fans of the iconic singer Whitney Houston are remembered her Saturday night, as news of her untimely death spread across the city of Philadelphia and the nation.
On a cold night in Philadelphia, the news of her death was just as chilling as it spread quickly on the TV, radio and online.
"It was definitely a surprise," said Reggie Smith. "She had so much talent."
"I can't believe she's gone," said Clio Mall.
And those who are children of the 80's and 90's say they can't help but think about the greatest hits of the Newark, N.J. native.
It was all the talk in Center City.
"Sadly, I'm not really surprised to hear about it, and it's really unfortunate because she had so much. I with that she had gone the gospel route," said Daniel Lyght.
And on the radio, WDAS-FM played Houston's hits one song after another.
While there is so much speculation about Whitney Houston's death, so many are focused on her good times and that beautiful voice.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, entertainment, kenneth moton
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish 28 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting 41 min ago
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Penn State student dies in jump from garage
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's...
28 min ago