Duchess Kate in Valentine's Day visit to Liverpool
LONDON (AP) - February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- The former Kate Middleton is spending her first Valentine's Day as a married woman nearly 8,000 miles (13,000 kilometers) away from her husband.
The Duchess of Cambridge is carrying out a solo visit to the English port city of Liverpool to visit a charity devoted to helping recovering addicts. Her husband Prince William is currently deployed as a helicopter search-and-rescue pilot in the remote Falkland Islands.
But just because Kate was short a prince doesn't mean she was short a valentine.
Kate got a card and a bouquet of red roses from 8-year-old Jaqson Johnston-Lynch, whose mother works at the charity.
Jaqson told reporters he would tell Kate: "Happy Valentine's Day, your Royal Highness. I'm sorry Prince William can't be here."
kate middleton, prince william, valentine's day, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos