Duchess Kate in Valentine's Day visit to Liverpool
LONDON (AP) - February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- The former Kate Middleton is spending her first Valentine's Day as a married woman nearly 8,000 miles (13,000 kilometers) away from her husband.
The Duchess of Cambridge is carrying out a solo visit to the English port city of Liverpool to visit a charity devoted to helping recovering addicts. Her husband Prince William is currently deployed as a helicopter search-and-rescue pilot in the remote Falkland Islands.
But just because Kate was short a prince doesn't mean she was short a valentine.
Kate got a card and a bouquet of red roses from 8-year-old Jaqson Johnston-Lynch, whose mother works at the charity.
Jaqson told reporters he would tell Kate: "Happy Valentine's Day, your Royal Highness. I'm sorry Prince William can't be here."
kate middleton, prince william, valentine's day, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 5 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 34 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown 32 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 54 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Photos: Royal family kicks off tour of Australia
- Freeze Warning overnight
3 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos