Singer laughs off alleged '19 Kids' extortion plot
DAVENPORT, Iowa (AP) - February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Branson, Mo., singer says he's laughing off an attempt by a photographer to extort the hit TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting" by threatening to release photos of him with a cast member.
James Garrett told the Quad-City Times (http://bit.ly/zXQPWB ) 24-year-old Amy Duggar occasionally performs in his John Denver Tribute shows, but they've never been alone together and aren't having an affair.
He says photos that photographer Teresa Hunt claimed were intimate were "totally benign" and weren't taken by Hunt.
Investigators say Hunt threatened to release what she called compromising photos of Duggar and Garrett if she wasn't paid $10,000. Her attorney declined comment.
Garrett says he hired Hunt to be his photographer in 2010 and feels betrayed. But he says "we're all laughing about" the alleged plot.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend 52 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book
- Warmer Weekend
52 min ago