Oprah, others to attend Lady Gaga foundation debut
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) -February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Oprah Winfrey and U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius are among those scheduled to join Lady Gaga at Harvard University this month for the launch of the singer's Born This Way Foundation.
The nonprofit foundation said in a statement Tuesday the event is scheduled for Feb. 29 at Harvard's Graduate School of Education.
Author and spiritual leader Deepak Chopra and Harvard Law professor Charles Ogletree are also scheduled to attend.
The Born This Way Foundation will address issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development through research, education and advocacy.
It is partnering with the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, The California Endowment and The Berkman Center at Harvard to explore the best ways to create a culture of kindness, bravery, acceptance and empowerment.
oprah winfrey, lady gaga, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 47 min ago
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date 30 min ago
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital 33 min ago
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police