Oprah, others to attend Lady Gaga foundation debut
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) -February 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Oprah Winfrey and U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius are among those scheduled to join Lady Gaga at Harvard University this month for the launch of the singer's Born This Way Foundation.
The nonprofit foundation said in a statement Tuesday the event is scheduled for Feb. 29 at Harvard's Graduate School of Education.
Author and spiritual leader Deepak Chopra and Harvard Law professor Charles Ogletree are also scheduled to attend.
The Born This Way Foundation will address issues like self-confidence, well-being, anti-bullying, mentoring and career development through research, education and advocacy.
It is partnering with the John D. & Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, The California Endowment and The Berkman Center at Harvard to explore the best ways to create a culture of kindness, bravery, acceptance and empowerment.
oprah winfrey, lady gaga, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Very cold today, Saturday storm 5 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Suspicious package found outside Planet Fitness in Olney 7 min ago
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in Mercer County 55 min ago
- Suspects tie up 71-year-old in home invasion
- Worker shocked by electrical cable in East Falls
- Bandit holds up TD Bank in Chestnut Hill
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- American University campus lockdown lifted
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- 2 dead after truck and car collide in...
55 min ago