White House party crasher sues wife for $50M
FRONT ROYAL, Va. (AP) - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- White House party crasher Tareq Salahi is suing his wife, claiming she had an affair with a Journey guitarist as part of a calculated attempt to make money for herself and the band at his expense.
The $50 million lawsuit was filed Monday in Virginia. Tareq Salahi says Michaele Salahi's actions have ruined him "physically, emotionally and financially."
The Northern Virginia Daily reports that Tareq Salahi accuses his wife of running away with the guitarist in September and "campaigning to show him as a buffoon with respect to that affair and humiliating him."
The Salahis married in 2003, but are now going through a divorce.
Attorneys for both of the Salahis would not comment.
The couple gained notoriety in 2009 when they crashed a White House state dinner.
michaele and tareq salahi, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 5 min ago
- Windy And Cool 8 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Cold start to 1st summer after Sandy at Jersey Shore 21 min ago
- Angel Flight crashes in NY, 2 killed, 1 missing 43 min ago
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Actor Tyler Perry donates $100K to Ohio schools 32 min ago
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila....
5 min ago
- Windy And Cool
8 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos