White House party crasher sues wife for $50M
FRONT ROYAL, Va. (AP) - February 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- White House party crasher Tareq Salahi is suing his wife, claiming she had an affair with a Journey guitarist as part of a calculated attempt to make money for herself and the band at his expense.
The $50 million lawsuit was filed Monday in Virginia. Tareq Salahi says Michaele Salahi's actions have ruined him "physically, emotionally and financially."
The Northern Virginia Daily reports that Tareq Salahi accuses his wife of running away with the guitarist in September and "campaigning to show him as a buffoon with respect to that affair and humiliating him."
The Salahis married in 2003, but are now going through a divorce.
Attorneys for both of the Salahis would not comment.
The couple gained notoriety in 2009 when they crashed a White House state dinner.
michaele and tareq salahi, marriage, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 4 min ago
- Volleyball coach accused of sex with student
- Shots fired at home in Lower Gwynedd
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates
- Temps Soar