Aretha Franklin: Health kept me from Houston's funeral
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Aretha Franklin says she can't attend Whitney Houston's funeral because of her health.
Franklin had been expected to sing at the service Saturday in Newark, N.J. She tells The Associated Press she has been having foot and leg problems. She gave a concert Friday and says her legs locked up late into the night.
She says she sends best wishes to Houston's relatives. Franklin is close with the family. Houston lovingly called her "Aunt Ree."
Houston, who was 48, died Feb. 11 in California, the day before the Grammy awards. About 1,500 guests are expected to attend the private service.
aretha franklin, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 18 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings 45 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 4 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos