Aretha Franklin: Health kept me from Houston's funeral
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) -February 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Aretha Franklin says she can't attend Whitney Houston's funeral because of her health.
Franklin had been expected to sing at the service Saturday in Newark, N.J. She tells The Associated Press she has been having foot and leg problems. She gave a concert Friday and says her legs locked up late into the night.
She says she sends best wishes to Houston's relatives. Franklin is close with the family. Houston lovingly called her "Aunt Ree."
Houston, who was 48, died Feb. 11 in California, the day before the Grammy awards. About 1,500 guests are expected to attend the private service.
aretha franklin, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape charges 46 min ago
- Shower In Spots
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Child falls from 2-story window in Point Breeze
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- FBI searches apartment in ricin letter case
- Suspect identified in fatal Hofstra home invasion
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Former Philadelphia hero cop faces rape...
46 min ago