'Colbert Report' to return Monday after absence
NEW YORK - February 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- A representative for Stephen Colbert says "The Colbert Report" will return Monday after a sudden break due to the ailing health of the star's mother.
The Comedy Central show last week substituted repeats for scheduled shows on Wednesday and Thursday. At the time, the network said only that the cancellations were because of "unforeseen circumstances."
Colbert is expected to address his absence on Monday. His 91-year-old mother, Lorna Colbert, is ill.
Earlier on Twitter, Colbert thanked those who had offered "thoughts and prayers."
Colbert's father, James Colbert, and two of his brothers were killed in an airplane crash in 1974.
comedy central, stephen colbert, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 46 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 27 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
27 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
46 min ago