Santana to headline 2 years at Vegas' Mandalay Bay
LAS VEGAS (AP) - February 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Guitar legend Carlos Santana plans a two-year headlining gig at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, switching venues from his previous home at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
Representatives for the House of Blues say Santana will have a run of shows in May and June, then return in September with the residency running through 2013. Tickets go on sale March 3.
Santana says he's happy to call the venue home, and plans to honor the diversity and culture that the House of Blues promotes as a company.
Part of each ticket sale will go to Santana's foundation, which supports children's art, education and health.
las vegas, nevada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 35 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 8 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco 33 min ago
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 38 min ago
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman 6 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more