Santana to headline 2 years at Vegas' Mandalay Bay
LAS VEGAS (AP) - February 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Guitar legend Carlos Santana plans a two-year headlining gig at the House of Blues at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, switching venues from his previous home at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino.
Representatives for the House of Blues say Santana will have a run of shows in May and June, then return in September with the residency running through 2013. Tickets go on sale March 3.
Santana says he's happy to call the venue home, and plans to honor the diversity and culture that the House of Blues promotes as a company.
Part of each ticket sale will go to Santana's foundation, which supports children's art, education and health.
las vegas, nevada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Tpk. 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 29 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 37 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
29 min ago