Sheen's ex-wife charged with cocaine distribution
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Charlie Sheen's ex-wife has been charged in Colorado with possession and distribution of cocaine stemming from her arrest in Aspen.
Brooke Mueller was arrested by police on Dec. 3 after a woman reported being assaulted at a nightclub.
Pitkin County chief deputy district attorney Arnold Mordkin said Friday that Mueller has also been charged with third-degree assault.
Both drug charges are felonies. Possession with intent to distribute is the most serious and carries a penalty between four to 12 years. Conviction on the possession charge could result in up to 18 months behind bars.
Mueller has vowed to fight the charges.
Sheen and Mueller divorced last year after Sheen was arrested on suspicion of assaulting her in 2009. He pleaded guilty to misdemeanor assault and completed his probation in 2010.
drugs, charlie sheen, colorado, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking 56 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 1 min ago
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate double shooting in Mantua
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- 2 suspects wanted in home invasion in Dover
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
56 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova...
1 min ago