Lady Gaga causes sensation on Harvard campus
CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) - February 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Lady Gaga is causing quite a sensation on Harvard University's campus.
The singer is at the school for Wednesday's launch of her Born This Way Foundation with Oprah Winfrey and U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius.
She says in an interview with The Associated Press that the foundation's goal is to empower youth and inspire bravery. The foundation shares a name with her album and she says its message will be for students to create a more loving environment at their schools and in the world.
About 100 students mobbed the singer as she arrived on campus in a sleek black dress, tall hat and platform shoes. She signed autographs and posed for photos.
lady gaga, massachusetts, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home 48 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Police raid alleged chop shop in South Philadelphia 56 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep