Target pulls card poking fun of Whitney Houston
NEW YORK (AP) - February 29. 2012 (WPVI) -- Target is pulling a greeting card that makes fun of the late singer Whitney Houston's penchant for bad boys.
The discounter said Wednesday the card was sold in its stores prior to Houston's death on Feb. 11, and as soon as it was brought to the retailer's attention, Target Corp. began "the process of removing the card."
The card reads: "Next time you think of dating the bad boy, consider Whitney Houston."
The text refers to Houston's rocky relationship with ex-husband and singer Bobby Brown. Brown has been blamed by some for Houston's reported drug use.
"It is never our intent to offend guests with the products we offer, and we take feedback from guests very seriously," said Target in a statement emailed to The Associated Press.
Houston, 48, was found dead hours before she was to attend a pre-Grammy Awards party. No cause of death has been determined.
whitney houston, target, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- Pope Francis 'Person of the Year'; popularity surges 55 min ago
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Cab driver carjacked in South Philadelphia
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof. 14 min ago
- Stranded family found alive in Nevada
- World leaders bow, pray at Nelson Mandela's casket
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Police: Mom was DUI in chain-reaction crash
- Possible abduction caught on camera in Spring Garden
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
23 min ago