Target pulls card poking fun of Whitney Houston
NEW YORK (AP) - February 29. 2012 (WPVI) -- Target is pulling a greeting card that makes fun of the late singer Whitney Houston's penchant for bad boys.
The discounter said Wednesday the card was sold in its stores prior to Houston's death on Feb. 11, and as soon as it was brought to the retailer's attention, Target Corp. began "the process of removing the card."
The card reads: "Next time you think of dating the bad boy, consider Whitney Houston."
The text refers to Houston's rocky relationship with ex-husband and singer Bobby Brown. Brown has been blamed by some for Houston's reported drug use.
"It is never our intent to offend guests with the products we offer, and we take feedback from guests very seriously," said Target in a statement emailed to The Associated Press.
Houston, 48, was found dead hours before she was to attend a pre-Grammy Awards party. No cause of death has been determined.
whitney houston, target, new york, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911 33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos