Alicia Vitarelli on the Oscar red carpet
LOS ANGELES, Calif. - February 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Excitement is building for Hollywood's biggest night. The academy awards are just two days away.
"It is fabulous, fabulous! I am seeing a lot of energy, preparations," said Vivian Waller of New York.
The attention to Oscar detail is like no other, from precisely where each man in gold stands in all his glory to greet the stars, to the exact distance between each scansion for the velvet ropes down to the inch.
The spacing of each letter in Academy Awards is just as precise as the sequencing of the spotlights.
The red carpet is ready, and while it's protected in plastic so it is pristine and perfect on Sunday, the star struck are welcome to take a stroll.
"I like the idea of walking where they are going to walk on Sunday," said Linda Dancer.
There has been a lot of talk about who is and who isn't welcome to walk the red carpet Sunday, and there is word that the Academy has made an about face regarding edgy actor Sacha Baron Cohen.
"All we know is that he is not being allowed to come to the Oscars dressed as the character in his new movie 'The Dictator'," said Mikey Trahant.
But now producers have decided that Admiral General Shabazz Aladeen is welcome after all.
Not welcome on the red carpet? Uggie, the Jack Russell Terrier who came close to stealing the show in "The Artist". Uggie has did not receive an invitation or a press credential, and that means he won't be making what would no doubt be a very cute arrival.
"I think little Uggie should definitely be there! They make a little tux in his size, and his speech would be a lot shorter," said Michelle Scheckel.
"I think it's wrong," said Katey Goorbich. "He's a star of the movie; he had such a big role."
There have been rumors that he might make an appearance during the show, on stage, with Billy Crystal. The official word is no, but this is a show that loves to surprise the audience, so we might just have to wait and see.
oscars, los angeles, california, entertainment, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire 19 min ago
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees 27 min ago
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids