Celine Dion cancels Vegas shows due to virus
LAS VEGAS (AP) - February 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singer Celine Dion has canceled several upcoming concerts in Las Vegas because of a virus.
Caesars Palace officials say her doctor advised her to rest for a week to recover from the virus, which caused an inflammation of her vocal cords. Shows scheduled for Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday were canceled at the resort's Colosseum.
Her next scheduled concert there is March 3.
Dion, in a statement, said she doesn't "like to let people down," and she feels terrible about not being able to perform at the shows. Refunds will be given to people who bought tickets.
Caesars spent $95 million to build the Colosseum for Dion in 2003, complete with a humidifier to protect her voice.
nevada, las vegas, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 9 min ago
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 57 min ago
- Vice principal commits suicide after ferry accident
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Video: Hero twins yell, hit carjacker to escape