Oscar preps getting down to the wire
HOLLYWOOD - February 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- It's that time of year again. Oscar night is Sunday on 6abc.
It's Hollywood's biggest night, but could Philadelphia be getting love on stage Sunday night?
Upper Darby's Tina Fey and Jenkintown's Bradley Cooper are going to be presenters Sunday night, but it turns out they are going to be co-presenters!
Producers say Cooper and Fey will team up for one of the evening's light moments.
Some lucky women from Delaware will be sitting very close to the Oscar action, getting an up close look at the parade of stars.
Watch out bleachers! A mom and daughter duo from Delaware traveled cross country to live it up in LA.
Come Sunday, mom, Sue Elentrio, and her daughter Susan Mahoney will realize a lifelong dream of seeing the stars walk the red carpet just inches from the velvet ropes.
Mom and daughter said the trip was on their bucket list and planned to cross it off for sure.
Mom won a contest hosted by the Academy that gives a select few fans and their guests the chance to soak in Oscar night from the sidelines.
And while in Oscar-land, they are doing some sightseeing, going to game shows, sitting in the audience at Good Morning America staying at the famed Beverly Hilton Hotel and dining where the celebs break bread.
"We went to the Ivy. I know mom got a pedicure today," said Susan Mahoney.
"And hopefully we will get made up tomorrow," said Sue Elentrio.
Queen for a day, and princess for a night, and of course they are taking their time to just savor every moment.
"It's a once in a lifetime thing and it is huge for her," said Susan.
"I am a big movie buff, and this is amazing to see this in person, and the bizarre circus that surrounds it all," said Eddy Rawlinson.
And inside the ring that has become the Oscar circus, the red carpet has been unwrapped, the big guy has been unveiled in all his gilded glory, the curtains are being primped, prepped and steamed to hang just right, the lights are on, and the stage is set.
"A lot of activity a lot of action, I think everything is awesome with the setup," said Shauna Miller. "The glitz and glamour that is going on it is awesome."
And Shauna is hoping to bump into Billy Crystal! After 8 years, he's back to host the big show; only Bob Hope has had the honor more times.
"He does add something just being able to present it in a manner where it is funny, of course. He is hilarious and just being able to host it in a formal manner - very classy," Shauna said.
"I love Billy Crystal, so I think that it is great that he's back. Best host they ever had," said Doreen and Ken Holt.
Tourists from around the world have converged on Oscar town as the star struck wait and watch from the sidelines hoping to catch a celebrity or two.
And this year the show has an old Hollywood feel, and movie buffs like Eddy couldn't be more enamored with the idea.
"You have to look to the past to move on to the future, so all of that classic movie from 40s and 50s are perfect, even a silent film," said Eddy.
oscars, hollywood, california, los angeles, entertainment, alicia vitarelli
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder 43 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 19 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 24 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 15 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 26 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 45 min ago
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia 41 min ago
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
19 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
26 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N....
45 min ago