Actress Sean Young arrested at post-Oscars party
LOS ANGELES - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles police say actress Sean Young was placed under citizen's arrest after a fight at the official post-Oscars party.
The 52-year-old star of "Blade Runner" and "Stripes" was arrested at the Governor's Ball at 9:25 p.m. Sunday and was booked at the Hollywood police station for investigation of misdemeanor battery. City News Service says she posted $20,000 bail and was released at 2:55 a.m. Monday.
Police Sgt. Enrique Mendoza confirmed the arrest but wouldn't give details about the incident.
Young tried to crash the Vanity Fair Oscar party in 2006. She entered rehabilitation for alcohol abuse in 2008 after she was removed from the Directors Guild of America awards.
A voicemail message left early Monday for Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences publicist Tarrah Lee Curtis wasn't immediately returned.
los angeles, oscars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Bitter Blast Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed 5 min ago
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: no charges against George Zimmerman
- Protestors block ICE building in Spring Garden
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Shooting victim drives to Broad St. police station
- Power returns after outage at Christiana Mall
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro
- Upper Darby man accused of burning son, 3
7 min ago