Actress Sean Young arrested at post-Oscars party
LOS ANGELES - February 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Los Angeles police say actress Sean Young was placed under citizen's arrest after a fight at the official post-Oscars party.
The 52-year-old star of "Blade Runner" and "Stripes" was arrested at the Governor's Ball at 9:25 p.m. Sunday and was booked at the Hollywood police station for investigation of misdemeanor battery. City News Service says she posted $20,000 bail and was released at 2:55 a.m. Monday.
Police Sgt. Enrique Mendoza confirmed the arrest but wouldn't give details about the incident.
Young tried to crash the Vanity Fair Oscar party in 2006. She entered rehabilitation for alcohol abuse in 2008 after she was removed from the Directors Guild of America awards.
A voicemail message left early Monday for Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences publicist Tarrah Lee Curtis wasn't immediately returned.
los angeles, oscars, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 37 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington 57 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
37 min ago