Philippines: No airport hassle for Taylor Kitsch
MANILA, Philippines (AP) -March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philippine official says "Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch was not hassled at Manila's airport recently, as the Canadian actor indicated this week.
Kitsch said Wednesday on the "Late Show with David Letterman" that customs officers stopped him at the airport and ordered him back to Japan because his passport didn't have enough pages to stamp his arrival. He was to finish filming Oliver Stone's "Savages" in the Philippines.
Kitsch said he was let in only after proving with his iPhone that he was an actor.
Philippine Customs chief Ruffy Biazon wrote in his blog Friday that no airport records show Kitsch visited Manila, and that his officers do not stamp passports.
Kitsch is best known for his role as American football star Tim Riggins on the television series "Friday Night Lights."
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 23 min ago
- Turning Milder 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 2 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
23 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
2 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
20 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
8 min ago