Report: 'Hawaii Five-0' star takes break from show
HONOLULU (AP) - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A representative for Alex O'Loughlin says the "Hawaii Five-0" star is taking time away from the show to get treated for problems related to pain medication.
Rachael Wesolowski says in a report by the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that O'Loughlin " is taking a short break to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury."
Series producer CBS Television Studios and O'Loughlin representatives declined to comment on the nature of O'Loughlin's injuries or his treatment.
O'Loughlin, who portrays crime fighter Steve McGarrett, is known for doing many of his own stunts on the action-packed show. The paper says he reportedly will be absent for at least one episode.
CBS says in a statement that "everyone at CBS Television Studios and 'Hawaii Five-0' wishes him well and we look forward to his return."
hawaii, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 1 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton 38 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Video: Annual Phila. Flower Show wraps up
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ