Report: 'Hawaii Five-0' star takes break from show
HONOLULU (AP) - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- A representative for Alex O'Loughlin says the "Hawaii Five-0" star is taking time away from the show to get treated for problems related to pain medication.
Rachael Wesolowski says in a report by the Honolulu Star-Advertiser that O'Loughlin " is taking a short break to receive supervised treatment for prescription pain medication due to a recent shoulder injury."
Series producer CBS Television Studios and O'Loughlin representatives declined to comment on the nature of O'Loughlin's injuries or his treatment.
O'Loughlin, who portrays crime fighter Steve McGarrett, is known for doing many of his own stunts on the action-packed show. The paper says he reportedly will be absent for at least one episode.
CBS says in a statement that "everyone at CBS Television Studios and 'Hawaii Five-0' wishes him well and we look forward to his return."
hawaii, drugs, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos