Pippa Middleton completes 56-mile Swedish ski race
MORA, Sweden (AP) - March 3, 2012 (WPVI) -- Pippa Middleton has completed a 56-mile cross-country ski marathon in Sweden - taking a respectable 412th place in the women's category.
The sister of the Duchess of Cambridge - the former Kate Middleton - finished the Vasaloppet ski race in 7 hours, 13:36 minutes, alongside 15,800 competitors in bright sunshine.
Middleton told Swedish broadcaster SVT she had only prepared for the race for "a couple of weekends" and admitted it was tiring.
Pippa and her brother James, who clocked 06:47:27, raced to raise money for children's charity Magic Breakfast.
The competition is one of the world's oldest cross-country races and is based on Gustav Vasa's attempt to gather peasants for a revolt against occupying Danes in 1522.
The winner finished in 3 hours, 38.41 minutes.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe 8 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 54 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Hit and Run driver leaves victim on Roxborough street 14 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila. 44 min ago
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
54 min ago