In Israel, covert Dubai slaying is comedy fodder
JERUSALEM - March 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Israeli and French filmmakers are making a comedy centered on the assassination of a Hamas operative in Dubai.
Mahmoud al-Mabhouh died in January 2010 when hitmen entered his Dubai hotel room. Dubai police suspected Israel's Mossad spy agency, but never proved it.
The complex operation, in which several disguised agents were caught on hotel cameras, remains unsolved.
Israeli producer Michael Sharfshtein and French partner Manuel Munz are preparing to shoot a $5.2 million comedy called "Kidon," the supposed name of the Mossad's assassination department.
The film posits that French and Israeli small-time criminals killed al-Mabhouh and framed the Mossad.
Munz said Monday the film offers a suggestion of what happened in the Mabhouh operation, which remains shrouded in mystery.
movies, israel, dubai, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run 25 min ago
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens 11 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas 10 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 5 min ago
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 18 min ago
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
15 min ago
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit,...
25 min ago
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
11 min ago