In Israel, covert Dubai slaying is comedy fodder
JERUSALEM - March 5, 2012 (WPVI) -- Israeli and French filmmakers are making a comedy centered on the assassination of a Hamas operative in Dubai.
Mahmoud al-Mabhouh died in January 2010 when hitmen entered his Dubai hotel room. Dubai police suspected Israel's Mossad spy agency, but never proved it.
The complex operation, in which several disguised agents were caught on hotel cameras, remains unsolved.
Israeli producer Michael Sharfshtein and French partner Manuel Munz are preparing to shoot a $5.2 million comedy called "Kidon," the supposed name of the Mossad's assassination department.
The film posits that French and Israeli small-time criminals killed al-Mabhouh and framed the Mossad.
Munz said Monday the film offers a suggestion of what happened in the Mabhouh operation, which remains shrouded in mystery.
movies, israel, dubai, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos