Rowling's Harry Potter website to launch in April
NEW YORK (AP) - March 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- J.K. Rowling's long-awaited website for all things Harry Potter will be open for business in early April.
The Pottermore site was announced last year, with a scheduled launch in October. But a statement posted on the site this week says testing was extended after feedback from early users made it "clear that our original platform wouldn't be suitable when millions more users came on to the site."
The site is supposed to offer e-book editions of the seven Potter novels, but Rowling spokesman Mark Hutchinson said Thursday that the sale date for e-books had not been confirmed.
Rowling for years had resisted making her work available in digital form.
harry potter, writers, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 52 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville 14 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 32 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank 48 min ago
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
52 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
14 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
32 min ago