ABC launching "Duets" music competition show
March 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Singers from across the country will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to perform with these iconic musicians in a heated weekly competition.
ABC announced today a brand new music competition series, "Duets," starring four of the music industry's biggest Superstars: Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie, and Robin Thicke. The new series will debut this summer on ABC television network. For a sneak peek at what the Superstars have to say about the competition, click here.
"Duets" is a one of a kind singing competition that takes the Superstars out from the judge's panel and onto the stage. Clarkson, Nettles, Richie, and Thicke will individually set out on a journey across America looking for undiscovered talent worthy to be their protégés. Ultimately, each Superstar will choose two singers to be their duet partners. Together, the Superstar and their protégé will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, only one duet will be at the top of the charts and the winning amateur will receive a recording contract with Hollywood Records.
Amateur singers interested in auditioning for the Superstars as they travel the country looking for talent can apply online at: www.ABC.com/Casting.
6at4, hollywood, hollywood buzz, abc, demi moore, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief