Taylor Swift is Billboard's top money maker in '11
NEW YORK (AP) -March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift is No. 1 again: The singer is the top act on Billboard's "Money Makers" list.
Swift earned more than $35 million in 2011, according to the Billboard list released Friday. U2 was second with $32 million. Kenny Chesney, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne rounded out the top 5.
Artists' rankings were based on U.S. income sources from tours, albums sales and publishing royalties. Billboard said in a press release that it didn't factor in "sponsorships, merchandise sales or synchronization deals."
Adele was tenth on the list. Though she cancelled most of her U.S. tour due to issues with her vocal cords, her album "21" sold more than 5 million units in 2011. Including sales from this year, "21" has sold nearly 8 million copies.
taylor swift, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 4 min ago
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc. 59 min ago
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance...
4 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos