Taylor Swift is Billboard's top money maker in '11
NEW YORK (AP) -March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Taylor Swift is No. 1 again: The singer is the top act on Billboard's "Money Makers" list.
Swift earned more than $35 million in 2011, according to the Billboard list released Friday. U2 was second with $32 million. Kenny Chesney, Lady Gaga and Lil Wayne rounded out the top 5.
Artists' rankings were based on U.S. income sources from tours, albums sales and publishing royalties. Billboard said in a press release that it didn't factor in "sponsorships, merchandise sales or synchronization deals."
Adele was tenth on the list. Though she cancelled most of her U.S. tour due to issues with her vocal cords, her album "21" sold more than 5 million units in 2011. Including sales from this year, "21" has sold nearly 8 million copies.
taylor swift, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow Arriving 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Photos: Images of Sunday's wintry mix 18 min ago
- Video: Eagles fan tailgate in the snow 17 min ago
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- East Oak Lane apartment fire under control
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief
- Snow Arriving
7 min ago