Gingrich says new ABC show 'GCB' is anti-Christian
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Republican presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich says a new ABC television series is evidence that the entertainment industry harbors anti-Christian bias.
Gingrich is criticizing the comedy-drama "GCB," which has also been called "Good Christian Belles."
But Gingrich is referring to the series by the name of the 2009 novel that inspired it, "Good Christian Bitches."
The series began airing last Sunday. ABC's website describes the series as a "funny, sassy and heartwarming drama."
The former House speaker says no network would run a show with such a title if the word "Muslim" were used in place of "Christian."
Gingrich says anti-Christian bigotry is considered acceptable by the entertainment industry but Islam is protected.
Gingrich made the comments Friday at a rally in Gulfport, Miss.
newt gingrich, abc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 10 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight 55 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes 55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 30 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 51 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
55 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
30 min ago