Gingrich says new ABC show 'GCB' is anti-Christian
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP) - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Republican presidential hopeful Newt Gingrich says a new ABC television series is evidence that the entertainment industry harbors anti-Christian bias.
Gingrich is criticizing the comedy-drama "GCB," which has also been called "Good Christian Belles."
But Gingrich is referring to the series by the name of the 2009 novel that inspired it, "Good Christian Bitches."
The series began airing last Sunday. ABC's website describes the series as a "funny, sassy and heartwarming drama."
The former House speaker says no network would run a show with such a title if the word "Muslim" were used in place of "Christian."
Gingrich says anti-Christian bigotry is considered acceptable by the entertainment industry but Islam is protected.
Gingrich made the comments Friday at a rally in Gulfport, Miss.
newt gingrich, abc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila. 7 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes 43 min ago
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
43 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
7 min ago
- Police investigate armed home invasion in...
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos