Rapper Coolio arrested in unpaid Vegas ticket case
LAS VEGAS (AP) - March 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Rapper Coolio was arrested Friday on a warrant charging him with failure to appear in court on a traffic ticket almost two years ago.
Coolio, 48, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., was a passenger in a vehicle officers stopped about 2:20 a.m. several blocks east of the Las Vegas Strip, Officer Laura Meltzer said.
No one else in the car was arrested.
It was not immediately clear if Ivey had a lawyer. His manager Susan Haber said she had not heard about the incident and had no comment.
Ivey was sought on a warrant charging him with failure to appear on an illegal stop and driving without a license summons issued in June 2010.
He was freed later in the day. A court date wasn't immediately known.
Coolio is a musician, actor and record producer best known for the song "Gangsta's Paradise."
las vegas, nevada, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 47 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
47 min ago
- Skydiver gets tangled with landing plane
34 min ago
- Student meets bone marrow recipient for...
31 min ago