Ray J says he's 'still hurting' over Houston death
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ray J says he's "still hurting" nearly a month after the death of Whitney Houston.
The singer and sometime reality television star was one of the people who spent time with Houston in her last days.
He told reporters at a charity event on Friday in Los Angeles: "I really miss my friend, you know. I really do. I'm still hurting."
"I'm able to look at life in a whole different way," Ray J said. He looked down at a smartphone and said, "I always look at my phone because I've got a picture of somebody that I really love and it helps me through the day."
Ray J, who was joined by his parents Sonja and Willie Norwood, did not take questions from reporters.
Houston died in a hotel suite in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Feb. 11.
whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault 1 min ago
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 29 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests