Ray J says he's 'still hurting' over Houston death
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Ray J says he's "still hurting" nearly a month after the death of Whitney Houston.
The singer and sometime reality television star was one of the people who spent time with Houston in her last days.
He told reporters at a charity event on Friday in Los Angeles: "I really miss my friend, you know. I really do. I'm still hurting."
"I'm able to look at life in a whole different way," Ray J said. He looked down at a smartphone and said, "I always look at my phone because I've got a picture of somebody that I really love and it helps me through the day."
Ray J, who was joined by his parents Sonja and Willie Norwood, did not take questions from reporters.
Houston died in a hotel suite in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Feb. 11.
whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police try to ID mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse 19 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China 44 min ago
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
10 min ago