Rihanna says collaboration with Brown 'made sense'
NEW YORK (AP) -March 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- People have been scratching their heads over Rihanna's musical collaboration with Chris Brown, but says it "made sense" and it's "innocent."
Brown appears on a remix of her song "Birthday Cake" and she appears on a remix of his "Turn up the Music." Their music union is noteworthy because Brown beat up Rihanna three years ago and is still on probation for the assault.
Rihanna says it was her idea for Brown to appear on her song because he's "the hottest R&B artist" right now. He then asked her to be on his song.
She says the partnership allowed fans to come together, adding: "There shouldn't be a divide. ... It's music, and it's innocent."
She made the comments to Ryan Seacrest on his radio show on KIIS-FM in Los Angeles.
rihanna, chris brown, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos