Beatles' 'Yellow Submarine' movie restored for DVD
LONDON (AP) -March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- The animated Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine" has been restored frame-by-frame for DVD release this year.
The Beatles' holding company Apple Corps Ltd. said Tuesday that specialists worked for four months to individually clean each frame of the 1968 surreal tale by hand. The company said that they chose not to use automated software because of the delicate nature of the hand-drawn artwork.
The colorful movie, a groundbreaking tale that features cartoon versions of the Beatles and images from some of their psychedelic songs, is currently out of print.
The DVD will be released on May 28, and the film's soundtrack album will be reissued on CD on the same day.
beatles, movies, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Delco school on lockdown amid standoff 44 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police