Beatles' 'Yellow Submarine' movie restored for DVD
LONDON (AP) -March 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- The animated Beatles movie "Yellow Submarine" has been restored frame-by-frame for DVD release this year.
The Beatles' holding company Apple Corps Ltd. said Tuesday that specialists worked for four months to individually clean each frame of the 1968 surreal tale by hand. The company said that they chose not to use automated software because of the delicate nature of the hand-drawn artwork.
The colorful movie, a groundbreaking tale that features cartoon versions of the Beatles and images from some of their psychedelic songs, is currently out of print.
The DVD will be released on May 28, and the film's soundtrack album will be reissued on CD on the same day.
beatles, movies, music, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 3 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 5 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 1 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 1 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
5 min ago