Comedian Gallagher released from Texas hospital
LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The comedian Gallagher has been released from a Texas hospital, a week after suffering a heart attack before a performance at a suburban Dallas bar.
His promotional manager, Christine Scherrer, says the Los Angeles-based comedian was released Wednesday but will stay in the Dallas area for a while to recuperate.
Scherrer says Gallagher is with his family and is "moving around on his own."
Gallagher, known for smashing watermelons with a sledgehammer, had two stents replaced after collapsing March 14 at a Lewisville bar. He came out of a medically induced coma Sunday.
The comedian, whose full name is Leo Anthony Gallagher, had a minor heart attack last March after collapsing while performing in Minnesota.
Sherrer says March shows have been moved, but Gallagher's April schedule is intact so far.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 9 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 53 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands