Comedian Gallagher released from Texas hospital
LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) - March 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- The comedian Gallagher has been released from a Texas hospital, a week after suffering a heart attack before a performance at a suburban Dallas bar.
His promotional manager, Christine Scherrer, says the Los Angeles-based comedian was released Wednesday but will stay in the Dallas area for a while to recuperate.
Scherrer says Gallagher is with his family and is "moving around on his own."
Gallagher, known for smashing watermelons with a sledgehammer, had two stents replaced after collapsing March 14 at a Lewisville bar. He came out of a medically induced coma Sunday.
The comedian, whose full name is Leo Anthony Gallagher, had a minor heart attack last March after collapsing while performing in Minnesota.
Sherrer says March shows have been moved, but Gallagher's April schedule is intact so far.
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler! 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash 16 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 8 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 35 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and Cooler!
45 min ago