Sheriff: Woman throws powder on Kim Kardashian
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. - March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Sheriff's deputies say a woman threw powder on Kim Kardashian in the lobby of a West Hollywood hotel where the television personality was hosting an event.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says deputies were called to the unidentified hotel on North San Vicente Boulevard shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday.
Deputy Peter Gomez says the woman who allegedly threw the powder was detained by hotel security and later released at the scene.
Gomez says Kardashian told the deputies she did not want to press charges against the woman and a non-criminal battery report was taken
Gomez says paramedics were called to the hotel, but Kardashian refused medical treatment.
He says Kardashian returned to her room, removed the powder from her hair and clothing and returned to the event.
kim kardashian, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives tonight 18 min ago
- Snow will turn the ground white again!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids