It's a boy for Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie
LOS ANGELES (AP) -March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hilary Duff is a new mom.
The 24-year-old actress announced the birth of her son on her website and Twitter feed Thursday.
Duff writes that she and husband Mike Comrie welcomed son Luca Cruz Comrie on Tuesday night. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces and is the first child for the couple, who married in 2010.
Duff says she and Comrie "feel like the luckiest parents in the world."
Duff gained fame as the star of Disney's "Lizzie McGuire" and more recently had a recurring role on "Gossip Girl."
Comrie retired as a professional hockey player earlier this year. The 31-year-old most recently played with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
hilary duff, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 injured NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 16 min ago
- 1 person injured in Hamilton Twp. house fire 25 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Mutilated animal in Brewerytown possibly a bobcat
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 43 min ago
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos