It's a boy for Hilary Duff and Mike Comrie
LOS ANGELES (AP) -March 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hilary Duff is a new mom.
The 24-year-old actress announced the birth of her son on her website and Twitter feed Thursday.
Duff writes that she and husband Mike Comrie welcomed son Luca Cruz Comrie on Tuesday night. He weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces and is the first child for the couple, who married in 2010.
Duff says she and Comrie "feel like the luckiest parents in the world."
Duff gained fame as the star of Disney's "Lizzie McGuire" and more recently had a recurring role on "Gossip Girl."
Comrie retired as a professional hockey player earlier this year. The 31-year-old most recently played with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
hilary duff, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Sign up for Facebook Flash!
- Photos: Wintry weather forecast maps
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI
- Body found in Logan tire fire
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Mandela
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Susan Boyle says Asperger's diagnosis was a relief 52 min ago