Oprah Winfrey interviews SC mom who killed kids
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) -March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Talk show host and media mogul Oprah Winfrey has conducted a jailhouse interview with a South Carolina mother who pleaded guilty to killing her two sons.
Winfrey went to the jail in Orangeburg last week where 30-year-old Shaquan Duley is awaiting sentencing.
Winfrey interviewed Duley's family in September 2010, a month after Duley suffocated her 2-year-old and 18-month-old sons, then tried to stage their deaths by driving her car into a river. Prosecutors say she killed the children after being badgered by her mother about being a poor parent.
Duley faces 30 years to life in prison when she's sentenced Friday.
The interview will air at 9 p.m. on April 1 as part of "Oprah's Next Chapter" on the Oprah Winfrey Network.
oprah winfrey, south carolina, child death, children, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Woman's secret Santa turns out to be Bill Gates 5 min ago
- Temps Soar