Bobby Brown arrested on suspicion of DUI
LOS ANGELES (AP) - March 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Officials in Southern California say Bobby Brown has been arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence.
California Highway Patrol Officer Mike Harris says Brown was arrested around 12:20 p.m. Monday in the San Fernando Valley north of Los Angeles. He failed a field sobriety test and was booked on suspicion of DUI.
Harris says the R&B singer was pulled over after an officer saw him talking on his cellphone without a hands-free unit and noticed he appeared to be impaired.
Los Angeles police say Brown was released from jail on his own recognizance shortly before 2 p.m.
The 43-year-old is the ex-husband of Whitney Houston and a founding member of the group New Edition.
An email message to his attorney, Christopher Brown, was not immediately returned.
whitney houston, los angeles, california, DUI, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 28 min ago
- Wet to Wintry! 24 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 3 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 6 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 37 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled 42 min ago
- High wings bring damage to Abington Twp. 45 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
28 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
3 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
6 min ago