Emotional Christie Brinkley talks about divorce
NEW YORK (AP) - March 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Christie Brinkley was supposed to talk about her return to Broadway in "Chicago" on NBC's "Today" show this morning, but she ended up shedding tears, talking only about her divorce from Peter Cook.
The couple split four years ago when the divorce became final. Cook has gone public recently to talk about the marriage. He called Brinkley a "narcissistic egomaniac."
During the interview with Matt Lauer, Brinkley teared up, saying she just wants peace, adding that every time she has any joy or any kind of success in anything, Cook has to try to destroy it.
Brinkley says she hasn't had any contact with Cook for two years, but he tries to contact her. She asked a judge late last year to make Cook stop, to protect her peace. Brinkley is also asking for additional child support.
christie brinkley, divorce, nbc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Desmond's slam leads Nats over Phillies