Emotional Christie Brinkley talks about divorce
NEW YORK (AP) - March 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Christie Brinkley was supposed to talk about her return to Broadway in "Chicago" on NBC's "Today" show this morning, but she ended up shedding tears, talking only about her divorce from Peter Cook.
The couple split four years ago when the divorce became final. Cook has gone public recently to talk about the marriage. He called Brinkley a "narcissistic egomaniac."
During the interview with Matt Lauer, Brinkley teared up, saying she just wants peace, adding that every time she has any joy or any kind of success in anything, Cook has to try to destroy it.
Brinkley says she hasn't had any contact with Cook for two years, but he tries to contact her. She asked a judge late last year to make Cook stop, to protect her peace. Brinkley is also asking for additional child support.
christie brinkley, divorce, nbc, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 22 min ago
- Wintry Weekend 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft 52 min ago
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire 44 min ago
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet 53 min ago
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million 54 min ago
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Wintry Weekend
48 min ago