First lady to salute Swift at Kids' Choice Awards
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The first lady is making an appearance at The Kids' Choice Awards to celebrate Taylor Swift for her charity work.
Michelle Obama will give Swift The Big Help Award during Nickelodeon's 25th annual awards show Saturday night in Los Angeles.
The award recognizes individuals whose charitable efforts have made an impact and inspired children to do the same. Obama was the 2010 winner of the The Big Help Award.
Swift, one of the world's top pop stars, has been active in flood and storm relief, raising $750,000 when she opened her final "Speak Now" tour rehearsal to fans to benefit tornado victims in The South. She's also active with charities like The Make-A-Wish Foundation, St. Jude Medical Center and Habitat for Humanity.
michelle obama, taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 14 min ago
- Temps soar above normal
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings 9 min ago
- Pedestrian struck and killed in Mercer County
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape 18 min ago
- Man struck by SEPTA bus in Wynnefield Heights
- Attack in Center City caught on camera 2 min ago
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam 8 min ago
- Burglary suspect nabbed by quick-thinking neighbor 48 min ago
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Researchers: 'Fit and Fat' a myth 38 min ago
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
14 min ago
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up...
18 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
2 min ago