First lady to salute Swift at Kids' Choice Awards
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The first lady is making an appearance at The Kids' Choice Awards to celebrate Taylor Swift for her charity work.
Michelle Obama will give Swift The Big Help Award during Nickelodeon's 25th annual awards show Saturday night in Los Angeles.
The award recognizes individuals whose charitable efforts have made an impact and inspired children to do the same. Obama was the 2010 winner of the The Big Help Award.
Swift, one of the world's top pop stars, has been active in flood and storm relief, raising $750,000 when she opened her final "Speak Now" tour rehearsal to fans to benefit tornado victims in The South. She's also active with charities like The Make-A-Wish Foundation, St. Jude Medical Center and Habitat for Humanity.
michelle obama, taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar 17 min ago
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote 52 min ago
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen 17 min ago
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian ID'd in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
17 min ago
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
17 min ago