First lady to salute Swift at Kids' Choice Awards
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - March 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The first lady is making an appearance at The Kids' Choice Awards to celebrate Taylor Swift for her charity work.
Michelle Obama will give Swift The Big Help Award during Nickelodeon's 25th annual awards show Saturday night in Los Angeles.
The award recognizes individuals whose charitable efforts have made an impact and inspired children to do the same. Obama was the 2010 winner of the The Big Help Award.
Swift, one of the world's top pop stars, has been active in flood and storm relief, raising $750,000 when she opened her final "Speak Now" tour rehearsal to fans to benefit tornado victims in The South. She's also active with charities like The Make-A-Wish Foundation, St. Jude Medical Center and Habitat for Humanity.
michelle obama, taylor swift, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 22 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today 53 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 14 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids 46 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
22 min ago