Magic! Harry Potter studio tour opens near London
WATFORD, England (AP) - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hogwarts Castle is ready to welcome the Muggle multitudes.
A monumental model of the school for young witches and wizards is part of "The Making of Harry Potter," a studio tour based at the Warner Bros. facility near London where the eight movies were shot between 2000 and 2010.
The studio expects 5,000 people a day to visit the attraction, which opens Saturday.
It features real props, models, costumes and sets from the films, including the Great Hall of Hogwarts school, the dormitory where the young wizard slept and the office of headmaster Albus Dumbledore.
The attraction is part of Warner Bros.' redevelopment of Leavesden Studios, 20 miles (30 kilometers) northwest of London, into Europe's largest filmmaking complex.
harry potter, england, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 53 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity 44 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 55 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
48 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
55 min ago