Magic! Harry Potter studio tour opens near London
WATFORD, England (AP) - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Hogwarts Castle is ready to welcome the Muggle multitudes.
A monumental model of the school for young witches and wizards is part of "The Making of Harry Potter," a studio tour based at the Warner Bros. facility near London where the eight movies were shot between 2000 and 2010.
The studio expects 5,000 people a day to visit the attraction, which opens Saturday.
It features real props, models, costumes and sets from the films, including the Great Hall of Hogwarts school, the dormitory where the young wizard slept and the office of headmaster Albus Dumbledore.
The attraction is part of Warner Bros.' redevelopment of Leavesden Studios, 20 miles (30 kilometers) northwest of London, into Europe's largest filmmaking complex.
harry potter, england, london, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 3 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 59 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
59 min ago