Jerry Lee Lewis weds for 7th time in Mississippi
NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) -March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jerry Lee Lewis has wed for the seventh time in a ceremony this month in Mississippi, according to a newspaper report.
The Natchez Democrat reports that Lewis, nicknamed "The Killer," married Judith Brown on March 9. She has been the 76-year-old country and early rock music legend's caregiver. She also formerly was married to Lewis' cousin, Rusty. Rusty's older sister, Myra Gale Brown, married Lewis in 1957 when she was 13 and was his third wife. The marriage caused shockwaves for Lewis' career.
Lewis' last marriage ended in 2004 when he divorced Kerrie McCarver after 20 years together.
The newspaper reports the 62-year-old Brown and Lewis married at a private home in Natchez, Miss., and have spent the past three weeks touring Mississippi and Louisiana.
Brown told the Democrat she became Lewis' caregiver about two years ago.
marriage, mississippi, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought 27 min ago
- Tracking Weekend Storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills 28 min ago
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- 800K in danger of ID theft after laptop theft
- North Korea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos