Jerry Lee Lewis weds for 7th time in Mississippi
NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) -March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jerry Lee Lewis has wed for the seventh time in a ceremony this month in Mississippi, according to a newspaper report.
The Natchez Democrat reports that Lewis, nicknamed "The Killer," married Judith Brown on March 9. She has been the 76-year-old country and early rock music legend's caregiver. She also formerly was married to Lewis' cousin, Rusty. Rusty's older sister, Myra Gale Brown, married Lewis in 1957 when she was 13 and was his third wife. The marriage caused shockwaves for Lewis' career.
Lewis' last marriage ended in 2004 when he divorced Kerrie McCarver after 20 years together.
The newspaper reports the 62-year-old Brown and Lewis married at a private home in Natchez, Miss., and have spent the past three weeks touring Mississippi and Louisiana.
Brown told the Democrat she became Lewis' caregiver about two years ago.
marriage, mississippi, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos