Jerry Lee Lewis weds for 7th time in Mississippi
NATCHEZ, Miss. (AP) -March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Jerry Lee Lewis has wed for the seventh time in a ceremony this month in Mississippi, according to a newspaper report.
The Natchez Democrat reports that Lewis, nicknamed "The Killer," married Judith Brown on March 9. She has been the 76-year-old country and early rock music legend's caregiver. She also formerly was married to Lewis' cousin, Rusty. Rusty's older sister, Myra Gale Brown, married Lewis in 1957 when she was 13 and was his third wife. The marriage caused shockwaves for Lewis' career.
Lewis' last marriage ended in 2004 when he divorced Kerrie McCarver after 20 years together.
The newspaper reports the 62-year-old Brown and Lewis married at a private home in Natchez, Miss., and have spent the past three weeks touring Mississippi and Louisiana.
Brown told the Democrat she became Lewis' caregiver about two years ago.
marriage, mississippi, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 59 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
59 min ago