Whitney Houston's mom says she's proud of her
NEWARK, N.J. - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cissy Houston says in her first interview since daughter Whitney's death that she's "very proud" of her and did the best she could raising her.
Houston talked to My9 on Thursday night for an interview set to air Monday. The interview took place at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney first wowed a congregation as a girl and where her funeral was held Feb. 18.
Cissy Houston says her daughter "accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she had here" and "was a very wonderful person." She says she doesn't blame herself for what happened to her because she knows she did the best she could.
Whitney Houston's death has been ruled an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.
new jersey, newark, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain 32 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip 40 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim 27 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
32 min ago
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
27 min ago