Whitney Houston's mom says she's proud of her
NEWARK, N.J. - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cissy Houston says in her first interview since daughter Whitney's death that she's "very proud" of her and did the best she could raising her.
Houston talked to My9 on Thursday night for an interview set to air Monday. The interview took place at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney first wowed a congregation as a girl and where her funeral was held Feb. 18.
Cissy Houston says her daughter "accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she had here" and "was a very wonderful person." She says she doesn't blame herself for what happened to her because she knows she did the best she could.
Whitney Houston's death has been ruled an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.
new jersey, newark, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in S. Phila. Christmas decoration theft 10 min ago
- Woman stabbed female cousin to death, police say
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot
- 2 kids, 3 others injured in school bus crash 7 min ago
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Michael Carter-Williams released from hospital 52 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally