Whitney Houston's mom says she's proud of her
NEWARK, N.J. - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- Cissy Houston says in her first interview since daughter Whitney's death that she's "very proud" of her and did the best she could raising her.
Houston talked to My9 on Thursday night for an interview set to air Monday. The interview took place at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, N.J., where Whitney first wowed a congregation as a girl and where her funeral was held Feb. 18.
Cissy Houston says her daughter "accomplished a whole lot in the short time that she had here" and "was a very wonderful person." She says she doesn't blame herself for what happened to her because she knows she did the best she could.
Whitney Houston's death has been ruled an accidental drowning, with heart disease and cocaine use listed as contributing factors.
new jersey, newark, whitney houston, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 49 min ago
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA...
49 min ago