Whitney Houston memorabilia auctioned in LA
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bustier worn on stage by Whitney Houston fetched $18,750 at an auction in Beverly Hills of memorabilia from the late pop star's career.
Julien's Auctions says the sale of 13 items Saturday brought in a total of $80,187 from bidders in the gallery, on the phone and online.
A grey velvet gown the singer wore to music mogul Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party in 1996 went for $11,250.
Pearl drop earrings worn by Houston in "The Bodyguard" sold for $2,812, while a vest she sported in the film commanded $3,437.
Other items included a plum velvet dress, which sold for $7,500, and a black and gold pants outfit that fetched $2,125,
Houston drowned in a bathtub at a Beverly Hills hotel on the eve of the Grammy Awards in February.
whitney houston, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 43 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 16 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure 47 min ago
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office...
43 min ago
- Lindenwold school bus crash caught on camera
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos