Whitney Houston memorabilia auctioned in LA
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- A bustier worn on stage by Whitney Houston fetched $18,750 at an auction in Beverly Hills of memorabilia from the late pop star's career.
Julien's Auctions says the sale of 13 items Saturday brought in a total of $80,187 from bidders in the gallery, on the phone and online.
A grey velvet gown the singer wore to music mogul Clive Davis' pre-Grammy party in 1996 went for $11,250.
Pearl drop earrings worn by Houston in "The Bodyguard" sold for $2,812, while a vest she sported in the film commanded $3,437.
Other items included a plum velvet dress, which sold for $7,500, and a black and gold pants outfit that fetched $2,125,
Houston drowned in a bathtub at a Beverly Hills hotel on the eve of the Grammy Awards in February.
whitney houston, los angeles, california, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man