Sarah Palin to co-host NBC's 'Today' on Tuesday
NEW YORK - April 02, 2012 (WPVI) -- NBC's "Today" show is bringing Sarah Palin on board as a co-host - for one morning, this Tuesday.
The announcement was posted Sunday on NBC's website. It says the former Alaska governor and GOP vice presidential candidate will "reveal a different side" than viewers have seen before.
The booking is clearly an attempt to blunt the impact of "Today" alumna Katie Couric's weeklong return to morning TV as a guest host on ABC's "Good Morning America." Couric joined ABC last year and was co-host of longtime ratings leader "Today" for 15 years before leaving for CBS in 2006.
Besides Palin's surprise star turn on "Today," Tuesday's edition will also include "a big NBC announcement" by Ryan Seacrest. That's according to a Twitter posting by NBC on Sunday night.
sarah palin, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Photos: AccuWeather Maps: Snow arrives
- Snow is turning the ground white again! 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 20 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- March Madness: Villanova, St. Joe's, UDel all in
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids
- Snow is turning the ground white again!
35 min ago