'Avengers' arrives early for Facebook fans
LOS ANGELES - April 02, 2012 (WPVI) -- Facebook fans are getting an early shot to see the all-star superhero tale "The Avengers."
Disney's Marvel Studios announced Monday that it will offer advance screenings around the world in cities where "The Avengers" has gained the most fans on Facebook.
Early screenings will start with shows in Los Angeles, New York City, Chicago, Houston and Miami on April 14, nearly three weeks before the film's May 4 U.S. debut. Admission will be free, first-come, first-served.
Marvel plans another round of early screenings in five more cities. Fans can lobby for their city on "The Avengers" Facebook page.
"The Avengers" features Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johannson, Samuel L. Jackson, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo and Jeremy Renner.
facebook, marvel comics, movies, entertainment
Also SeeMore:Bizarre News
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge 20 min ago
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman 15 min ago
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip 8 min ago
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth 24 min ago
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
55 min ago